Friday, October 29, 2010

Personal Revelation!!!!

I was talking to the Elders after our district meeting on Wednesday and they wanted to know why I decided to come on a mission. The answer is a pretty easy and simple one. Ever since I can remember I have always wanted to serve a mission. In fact, I would dress up in my dad's suit and wear his name tag pretending to be a missionary. Then when I was in high school my seminary teacher would have the return missionaries speak to our seminary class, and during my 4 years of seminary only 2 girls served missions. When they spoke to our seminary class I felt a wonderful and peaceful feeling come to me as they spoke. One would later serve as my Releif Society president at the singles ward I attended and the other became my neighor. Their examples and talks with me will never be forgotten. While at college I took quite a few institute classees, but the one that I will never forget is Sister Atkinson's Old Testament class. It was around confrence time and she challenged us to have a few questions we wanted answers to and then to take notes as we watched confrence to find our answers. I decided to take the challenge and what I found was the answers I was looking for. I got my answer from the talk by Silvia H. Allred who is a counselor in the General Relief Society. Her talk was called, " Go Ye Therefore," and she talked about how she came into the church, her own mission, and the importance of missionary work. As I was listening I felt a warmth come over me and I knew then that serving a mission was the right choice for me. You might wonder what all this has to do with personal revelation? The first step in recieving personal revelation is to have a desire and once you have that desire seek for experiences that will help you learn more. The last part is to pray to know if the decision is right and then search for the answer. I know that if you do those steps that you will recieve answers to questions and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment