Monday, October 4, 2010

Love and Obedience!!!

My mom always told me that love is an action word. You can tell someone you love them, but it doesn't mean anything if there is no action to support that. I have come to know for myself that my mom is so right. I was reading in John about Christ and he is the perfect example of all things. There is a verse in that really struck me. Verse 21 says:

He that hath my commandments, and akeepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be bloved of my Father, and I will love him, and will cmanifest myself to him.

How interesting to think that love and obedience go hand in hand. I know that we have the commandments to protect us, and I know that if we are obedient to them we will be happy. We will also be showing our love to Christ and our Heavenly Father. May we all strive to show our love by being obedient is my prayer. I am so greatful for the commandments and being able to show my love by following them.

No comments:

Post a Comment