Monday, October 11, 2010

Gratitude!!!

When I think of Gratitude I think of the words "thank you." This to me is one of the most important sayings in any language. The only one greater would be " I love you." President Gordon B. Hinckley said, “When you walk with gratitude, you do not walk with arrogance and conceit and egotism, you walk with a spirit of thanksgiving that is becoming to you and will bless your lives.”3      

When I think of Gratitude I think of the 10 lepers that were cleanesed by Christ. Only one came back to thank him. Isn't that amazing how out of 1o, 1 said thank you. How many of us are like the 10. Are there people in our lives who have done something for us, without thanks from us? There have been times in my life where I have forgotten to say thanks to someone who has helped me, and I am now doing everything I can to walk with gratitude everyday.

President Thomas S. Monson said, "We can lift ourselves and others as well when we refuse to remain in the realm of negative thought and cultivate within our hearts an attitude of gratitude. If ingratitude be numbered among the serious sins, then gratitude takes its place among the noblest of virtues. Someone has said that “gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all others." May we all walk with gratitude in our hearts and try our best to find things every day to be greatful for.

2 comments:

  1. I felt called out by that to thank you for your posts. We appreciate them Sister Barras.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete