Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The importance of Unity!!!

There are billions of people in this world. We are all unique and indviduals, with our own thoughts and opinions. This is the way it is supposed to be. If there are that many people in the world, how do we ever become unified? Why would we need to be unified? I believe the answer is that more work and learning gets done when we are united on the same goal. When I think of a people that were united I think of Enoch and the city of Enoch. The people in the city of Enoch were so united, and because of it their city was taken up into heaven. In Moses chapter 7 verse 18 it says:

18 And the Lord called his people aZion, because they were of bone heart and one mind, and dwelt in righteousness; and there was no poor among them.

Now the question is how do we become united? We become unified by looking to help others. I think of how at Christmas time or Thanksgiving we are all thinking more about others. There is a feeling of unity felt at that time of year then at anyother. If we were looking out for the poor, needy, and hungery all the year I believe that we would be unified. I hope that as we look at our lives we may look for the things that will help us make our famlies, communities, and countries united. We can still be ourselves and be united and that is something I am working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment