Friday, October 1, 2010

Being like Ruth!!!

One of the stories in the Old Testament that I really like is the story of Ruth. The biggest reason is probably because it is one of the few stories about a woman in the scriptures. Ruth is a woman that shows to me the importance of being charitable. In the face of losing her husband, father-in-law, and brother-in-law she willingly agreed to leave her own family to take care of her mother-in-law. I love her response in Ruth 1 verse 16 and 17 which says:
 
16 And Ruth said, Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from afollowing after thee: for whither thou goest, I will bgo; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy cpeople shall be my people, and thy God my dGod:
  17 Where thou diest, will I die, and there will I be buried: the Lord do so to me, and more also, if ought but death part thee and me.
 
How many of us would be willing to give up something that means something to us to help someone else? I think that if we were all a little bit more like Ruth, this world would be a better place. I am trying to do my best to be like Ruth and I know that with the Lord's help we can all strive to have more charity and compassion for others.  

No comments:

Post a Comment