Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A living Prophet!!!!!

A prophet is someone who talks to God and tells us what God would like us to do so that we can return to live with him.  I think that is so cool that the Lord us so much that he would send us a prophet. If we didn't have a prophet to lead and guide us, I don't know where we would be. Why is it important to have a prophet?  There are many scriptures that explain that well. In Amos 3:7 it says, " Surely the Lord God will do nothing, abut he brevealeth his csecret unto his servants the dprophets." This is one of my favorite scriptures, because it shows that there are somethings that Heavenly Father wants to tell us all, and the easiest way to do that is to have a prophet who is here on earth to help the church go forward tell us. I think of Noah and how he warnd the people that there was going to be a flood, and because they didn't listen to the prophet they were not spared.  I know that we have a prophet today, just like Noah, Moses, and others in the Bible. I know that if we listen to his counsel which comes from the lord we will be blessed and live much happier lives. What a wonderful oppertunity we have to hear from the prophet this weekend. I am so excited and I hope that we all will strive to watch and listen to the prophet.

1 comment:

  1. Good thoughts.

    Here's my take on the verse:
    http://scriptoriumblogorium.blogspot.com/2010/09/what-is-amoss-point-in-these-weird.html

    ReplyDelete