Thursday, September 23, 2010

Forgiving Others and Ourselves!!!

We are commanded to forgive everyone, no matter what they did or how many times they have offended us. I know for me personally it is easier to forgive others, but harder to forgive myself. This is something I think that takes a lot of patience. Most of us are the hardest on ourselves, and that is a good thing and a bad thing. It is a good thing when it helps us grow and change to be a better person. It is bad when it keeps us from moving on a living life to the fullest.  We are promised in the Doctrine and Covanents section 58 verse 42 that the lord will forgive those who repent and that he will remember them no more. What a great promise!! I know that sounds too good to be true, but I know from experience that this is true. It took me a while to really forgive myself and move on, but knowing that Christ remembers them no more is a huge help and comfort. I still work everyday at learning to forgive myself, and I know that all of us who learn to forgive ourselves will be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment