Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Sacrament!!!

Why is it so important for us to partake of the Sacrament each week? That is a question that many people ask, and the scriptures have the answer for us. In 3rd Nephi chapter 18 and Matthew 26 it tells us that the bread and water represent the body and blood of Christ. What a wonderful thing Christ did for us, by bleeding from every pore in Gethsemane for our sins, dying on the cross for us, and then his ressurection three days later. The Sacrament is important, because it is a constant reminder for us to always remember what Christ did for us and so that we can strive to be like him. When we are baptized we make a promise with Heavenly Father to always remember Christ, keep the commandments, and that we are willing to take Christ's name upon us. That means that we bare eachothers burdens, comfort those that stand in need of comfort, and being good examples for others. We are not perfect and we all make mistakes, and that is why it is so important for us to repent when we make the mistake, but also every Sunday when we partake of the Sacrament we can have that same feeling of renewal just like we had when we were baptized. I know that partaking of the sacrament is so important, and I know that my weeks were crazy when I didn't take it. I feel so much better after I have taken the sacrament. I am so grateful for the Savior, Jesus Christ, and for all he did for me. I am grateful that he has given me the wonderful oppertunity to take the sacrament each week and get that renewal.

No comments:

Post a Comment