Monday, November 22, 2010

Forever Friends!!!!

How many of you have heard someone say that they will be friends forever? How many of us have told that to someone? I know I have, and for a while I thought that was just a way of telling someone you wont forget them, but if you don't keep in touch you will still be friends. I believe that is true, but I have found a much deeper meaning of having a friendship that can last forever. In Alma 17 verses 1 and 2 says:

1 And now it came to pass that as Alma was journeying from the land of Gideon southward, away to the land of aManti, behold, to his astonishment, he bmet with the csons of Mosiah journeying towards the land of Zarahemla.
  2 Now these sons of Mosiah were with Alma at the time the angel afirst appeared unto him; therefore Alma did rejoice exceedingly to see his brethren; and what added more to his joy, they were still his brethren in the Lord; yea, and they had waxed strong in the knowledge of the truth; for they were men of a sound understanding and they had bsearched the scriptures diligently, that they might know the word of God.
 
I love the part in verse 2 where it says that what added more to his joy was that they were still his brethren in the lord. That is such a powerful line about how the Gospel of Jesus Christ can form friendships that can last forever. I know that to be true. I have made many dear friends who have similar beliefs and I know that those friends will truely be my friends forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment